English Summer S.A. organises a summer camp to train our Monitors and Trainee Monitors (MPs). This course is designed for ex-students of English Summer S.A. and lasts a minimum of six weeks spread over two summers. Students are given practical training and considered a helper for the monitor who they are working with. Over the training period students discover the skills and attitude needed to become part of our team in the future. Aside from the theoretical and practical training given by English Summer S.A., the training course is completed by attending an official training week to qualify as a Free Time Monitor recognised by the Generalitat de Catalunya and run by EFA in association with ACELLEC (Asociació Catalana d'Empreses del Lleure, l'Educació i la Cultura) of whom we belong.
In order to become part of our training project in 2017 the following steps must be followed.
1. Receive Information: All students who have asked to receive information will be sent information about the requisites and characteristics of the course. If you would like to receive the information just send an email to email@example.com
2. Complete the "MP application form" which we will send out before the 31st March.
3. Interviews: During the month of March we will hold interviews to select trainees from the candidates who attend.
4. Training days: At the end of April we will hold a training sesión in Poblet for all selected MPs.
* Over the last few years we have received a large number of applicants in relation to the 35 to 40 places we have available each year. This means that we often have to eliminate a large number of applicants from the selection process even though they are totally capable of joining the course
The programme has a duration of 6 weeks spread over 2 summers. Over this period MPs gain knowledge about how the camps work and how to respond in certain situations. Over the training period MPs will slowly assume more responsibility.
The first summer:
The second summer: